Monday to Sunday Shift Rota
Lee Valley Riding Centre in Leyton, East London, is a BHS accredited riding school, training centre and livery yard. Our five star livery yard has 31 full livery stables, with a range of horses from leisure to competition horses.
We are keen to hear from those with experience of working on a commercial livery yard and with competition horses. You will assist in leading our team of grooms to provide the best possible care to our customers’ horses. You will work unsupervised under the guidance of our Livery Yard Manager, meet deadlines, work reliably and responsibly and be a key part of our dedicated team. There will be some sole charge. An ability to develop a rapport and create a positive experience for customers is a must, as are great communication skills to enable you to engage with our wider team of riding school yard managers, riding instructors, customer service assistants and working pupils.
Key requirements abd duties:
• To assist with the organisation and running of the livery yard, with particular emphasis on the care and welfare of the horses, ensuring that the facilities are efficiently and practically run.
• To constantly review daily routines and seek ways to improve the efficiency of the yard.
• In conjunction with the Livery Yard Manager, assist with a programme to safeguard the health and welfare of all horses at the Centre
• To assist with keeping up to date records on horse arrivals, movements and departures.
• To assist with supervising and undertaking all manual tasks associated with the running of a stable yard.
• To provide overnight cover as required.
• Undertake training and development consistent with your post.
The shift pattern would include weekends and evenings so a willingness to be able to cover these as and when would be valuable.
Successful applicants will be required to obtain a Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS), for which assistance will be given
If you feel that you have the right blend of personality and skills for this role please apply online using the link below or alternatively download an application form and return it to: firstname.lastname@example.org or The HR Team, Myddelton House, Bulls Cross, Enfield, EN2 9HG.
Closing date: 13 October 2017