Monday to Sunday Shift Rota
Lee Valley Riding Centre in Leyton, East London, is a BHS accredited riding school, training centre and livery yard. Our riding school has 60 horses and ponies working at a variety of levels for riders from complete beginners to BHS Stage 3.
We are keen to hear from those who have experience of working in a commercial riding school. You will provide riding lessons and lectures to customers and Working Pupils. You will assist in leading our team of staff to provide the best possible care to our horses. Working unsupervised under the guidance of our Yard Manager, you meet deadlines, work reliably and responsibly and be a key part of our dedicated team. There will be some sole charge, with the support of an experienced senior team. An ability to develop a rapport and create a positive experience for customers is a must, as are great communication skills to enable you to engage with our wider team of livery yard managers, riding instructors, customer service assistants and working pupils.
• Assisting with the organisation and running of the stable yard, with particular emphasis on the care and welfare of riding school horses and ensuring that the facilities are efficiently and practically run
• Teach class and private lessons to riders of a variety of abilities
• Prepare our Working Pupils for BHS assessments, including planning and delivering their training programme
• In conjunction with the Yard Manager, assist with a programme to safeguard the health and welfare of all horses at the Centre
• Managing a team of staff, overseeing shifts, planning rotas and providing training
• Supervising and undertaking all manual tasks associated with the running of a stable yard, working as part of the team to achieve consistent standards to deadlines
• Providing overnight cover as required
Successful applicants will be required to obtain a Disclosure Certificate from the Criminal Records Bureau, for which assistance will be given
If you feel that you have the right blend of personality and skills for this role please apply online using the link below or alternatively download an application form and return it to: email@example.com or The HR Team, Myddelton House, Bulls Cross, Enfield, EN2 9HG.
Closing date: 13 October 2017
We are consulting on proposals for the future of the Regional Park. Please send us your comments on our draft strategies and proposals.
Consultation from 18th April to 30th May.
See how the park has evolved into a unique nature, sport and leisure space.
Fifty years of transformation
Lee Valley Leisure Trust came into operation on 1 April 2015. Led by a nine member board, it is responsible for running the Authority's three London 2012 venues plus its other major sport and visitor sites. Read more about the Trust
Latest on the Authority's legacy drive at its three London 2012 venues.
The Authority's latest document providing statistical information on its diverse work across Lee Valley Regional Park.
Lee Valley Regional Park meetings of the Authority and Committees calendar.
All Authority contracts are advertised on the website
View and apply online for jobs at Lee Valley Regional Park
Statistical information on the Authority's diverse work across Lee Valley Regional Par
Note: Due to the nature of some languages, the layout of the webpage may change.